Looking forward to a great 2019 season, opening the middle of August. Check back for exact date. Hope to see you at the farm!
Interested in a fun farm adventure for your class or group this fall? Email email@example.com with grade, numbers, and possible dates.
Pack up your second grade students and come on over to Stepp’s Hillcrest Orchard for a HANDS-ON FARM EXPERIENCE and EDUCATIONAL ORCHARD-FARM TOUR. Your second graders will participate in an interactive educational farm lesson on the life cycle of insects specific to those found in the apple orchard; ride on a tractor pulled wagon; explore a corn maze; take a guided tour of the pumpkin patch; pick apples; drink a cup of local fresh apple cider. Take a self-guided tour of the Nature Trail.
- Weekday Tours – 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Tour lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Teacher and Assistant – No Charge.
- Picnic Area Available
Let us do the teaching for you as you trade your classroom for the farm . Your second graders will be excited about visiting our apple orchard while acquiring hands on learning that correlates with NC Essential Standards.
Science: 2L.1 2L1.1 2L.1.2
All School Tours include:
- WAGON RIDE – Tractor pulled wagon ride with tour guide;
- APPLES – Stop to pick 1/4 peck bag of apples from trees in the orchard
- INTERACTIVE EDUCATION FARM LESSON
- CORN MAZE – One-half Acre Educational Corn Maze – Children answer questions about farm to maneuver their way through the maze
- TOUR THE PUMPKIN PATCH – Walk through the pumpkin patch with a guide.
- FRESH APPLE CIDER – Sample a cup of local fresh apple cider
- FARM TOUR GUIDE – All activities led by a farm tour guide
- Apple Cider Donuts – Optional: Reserve donuts for your group: $5.50/half-dozen.