Pack up your pre-schoolers through K-2 students and come on over to Stepp’s Hillcrest Orchard for a HANDS-ON FARM EXPERIENCE and EDUCATIONAL ORCHARD-FARM TOUR. Your school groups will be presented an interactive educational farm lesson led by a farm tour guide; ride on a tractor pulled wagon; engage in sorting apples by color and size; learn about parts of an apple; explore a corn maze or soybean trail; pick apples or pumpkins; drink a cup of local fresh apple cider; and taste a fresh apple.
- Weekday Tours – 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. (call for weekend tour times).
- Tour lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Teacher and Assistant – No Charge.
- Picnic Area Available
Email Wendy – email@example.com to set up your tour. This is the best way to reach us at any time.
Call (828) 290-0823 for Details
All School Tours include:
- WAGON RIDE – Tractor pulled wagon ride with tour guide;
- APPLES and/or PUMPKINS TO PICK – Stop to pick 1/4 peck bag of apples from trees and/ or choose a 3-5 lb. pumpkins from the pumpkin patch.
- INTERACTIVE EDUCATION FARM LESSON
- CORN MAZE - One-half Acre Educational Corn Maze – Children answer questions about farm to maneuver their way through the maze
- SOYBEAN TRAIL / MAZE - Travel a winding path through a field of soybeans
- FRESH APPLE CIDER - Sample a cup of local fresh apple cider
- FARM TOUR GUIDE – All activities led by a farm tour guide